Monday, January 18, 2010

Riding in a Car with Riding in Cars with Boys

I really posted this earlier, but I'm lazy, so it can't be helped.

Saturday a couple of friends of mine whom I know from FRED (htto://www.asitecalledfred.com) by the names of Mike and Kasey came in to LA and, for whatever reason, wanted to take a poor black child from the ghetto and show him a city of dreams.

Okay not really, but we hung out for the day.  It was really cool.  We hit up a couple of comic book stores because we're geeks and as geeks we're legally obligated to do so.  Went to Meltdown comics for the first time, it was interesting.  I got to see a lot of cool shit I can't afford right now.  I also took them to one of the best Chilli places of all time, and as expected, I think I got them hooked.

On the way back from Meltdown is where it got interesting.  We had a fun hour or two hour drive trying to find the 10 freeway.  We ended up getting to see more of LA than I thought, though not intentionally.  But while we were driving around aimlessly we recorded and episode of Riding in Cars with Boys  (Mike and Kasey's podcast) that can be found here: http://ridingincars.podbean.com/

All in all, I had a really fun time, I hope we can hang out again, only this time with a better sense of were we're going.


Ahh the memories


Oh, and we saw Nick Carter, later I found out he isn't the one who beat Shaq.  Go figure.


Not the End

No comments:

Post a Comment